If you love the fashion or textile industries, it is essential to know what is Ripstop fabric. When buying clothes, we certainly don’t just consider the issue of comfort.
You also choose materials that have an aesthetic value or even unique ones. In this case, do you hear ripstop material? This fabric has a distinctive texture and several advantages.
Then it comes with a checkerboard texture finish. That is a process that makes the textile stronger and tear-resistant. Usually the size of the box ranges from 5mm to 8mm.
Various Characteristics to Know
Just like others, Ripstop also has many typical characteristics that people should understand. If you want to know about these, please read the explanation below.
- The cubes surface pattern. This material always have the square or cube motifs which can be seen from the surface.
- Strong and tight fiber. Based on what is Ripstop fabric description, you may see that it has the tight and strong fabric.
- Although some types are relatively thin, they are still classified as strong fabrics. The cross-back weaving technique makes the knitting thread tight and not easy to tear.
- Water repellent but can still be translucent. The tight knitting of the yarn also makes this textile repellent to water. But if the water stagnates, especially in large quantities, the water can still penetrate the material.
- Light and dries quickly. Due to its lightweight characteristics, this object is in great demand among consumers. Clothes with ripstop will not limit your movements and activities.
What Is Ripstop Fabric and It’s Types
This material is not only made from nylon, some have the different types. Here are the futher lists you should note:
TR and Parachute
TR has the same function as the drill one. It is made from a mixture of Teteron and Rayon fibers. TR type is suitable for making working uniforms, cargo pants, totebags, etc.
Based on what is Ripstop fabric information, parachute is The second type. It is made from a mixture of nylon and polypropylene fibers. And there is a waterproof coating layer on the back part.
Therefore this one is water repellent (it rejects water and drains it like the nature of taro leaves). This is suitable for materials for making waterproof jackets, tents, beanbags, car covers, backpacks, etc.
Polyester and Nylon
Polyester is made from it’s fiber and then combines with cotton. It is great To make trousers and canopy from that, however the quality is under the TR.
Meanwhile, Nylon type has the property of repelling water and water is not easy to permeate. Another advantage based on what is Ripstop fabric explanation Is that this fabric is flexible enough.
Poplin type is commonly used to make the military uniform and bags. However, as time goes by the usage is now wider than before. Another type is canvas which is used to produce trouser.
So, the types are really varied based on the usage. Understand more about what is Ripstop fabric so that you are able to pick the best one.