There are many types of sweaters available in the market to choose from. Depending on your preferences and the occasions as well. With all the wide choices out there, you need to know those types to choose from.
Sweaters can be worn on many occasions, even formal ones. It can also be something homey and warm for you at home. Let’s learn the type of sweaters and their usage so you can choose which one you like for any occasion you have.
What Is a Sweater?
This is a piece of clothing that is usually made of knitted fabric. In the UK and Australia, people called it a jumper. The standard sweater style is the pullover, usually with a ribbing neckline, hem, and cuffs.
What Fibers Made Sweaters?
Many fibers can be made into sweaters, both natural fiber and even synthetics. You can know from explained below:
- A natural fiber, non-itchy, used mainly for sweatshirts.
- A natural animal fiber. Including cashmere, merino, lambswool, or alpaca. Usually more expensive because of the quality it provides.
- A soft synthetic fiber. Used mainly in mass-production types of sweaters.
- A warm and strong synthetic fiber. Used in mass-production of sweaters and for active wear sweaters.
Types of Sweaters
There are too many to mention, but here are the most popular and commonly known types of sweaters available in the market:
1. Fisherman’s Sweater or Aran Sweater
Originally from the Aran Islands off of Ireland. This sweater is thick, textured, and designed for the outdoors. That’s why it can provide warmth while doing activities like fishing or manual labor in the water. Usually made of wool.