Another solution on how to remove screen prints from shirts is to add liquid to a spot removal gun. People can use original but rather expensive water guns, or they can choose cheap children’s water guns as tools.
Using this item provides additional advantages. The spray gun precisely injects liquid into the design without futile damage to plain fabrics.
The instructions to use the gun were super easy. One simply fills the gun with liquid and aims at the design or silkscreen. Shoot the target to complete this step. Once again, piece of cake.
3. Use Plastisol Remover
Typically, t-shirt screen printing uses plastisol to create shirt designs. To clear this design, people should use the plastisol remover. This remover is effective at fading prints, no doubt about it.
This remover is strong, so be careful while using the item. People must wear gloves and work in a proper area with good ventilation. After obeying the rules, follow the steps below:
- Dampen a soft cloth with makeup remover and apply to the screen print.
- Clear the flake by using a soft brush.
- Wipe away the plastisol remover’s residual with the soaked soft cloth.
- Wash the item in the regular washing machine with detergent to disappear the smell that comes from the remover.
4. Do Iron and Peel
This method is simpler than the three above. People need this item for steps, irons, and paper bags. Mainly, this technique uses iron to melt screen prints that are glued to fabric shirts.
As people know, to rid the design, it must be avoided from the heat. Dissolve the print from the heat making it will be harder to rid. However, this method will be an exception. The following steps need to be followed:
- Find the paper bag. Usually, it can be found at a grocery store or supermarket.
- Determine that a part of the paper bag is shinier than the other ones.
- Orient the lighter side of the bag toward the screen print.
- Set the iron to the lowest temperature.
- Rub the paper bag with the iron several times to make the design stick with it.
- After applying the pattern to the paper bag, peel it off carefully for the best results.
- This method is one of the best solutions how to remove screen printing from a shirt. Also, items with faded prints are readily available.
That’s all the information about how to remove screen printing from a shirt that you need to know. The methods above have strengths and weaknesses. So, you need to be careful to avoid injury.